- Residents being left in bed in soiled diapers
- Unsafe nursing medication administration errors
- Cockroach infestations
- Improper use of PPE by staff and doctors
- COVID-19 patients being housed with residents who have not tested positive
- Residents crying for help with no response from staff for 30 mins to over 2 hours
- Residents not bathed for several weeks
- Residents forcefully fed
- COVID-19 positive patients allowed to wander around freely
https://acaottawa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Altamont-Care-Community.jpg 608 1080 admin https://acaottawa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.png admin2020-05-26 19:00:492021-04-24 17:01:28Ontario Government Launches Investigation, Takes Over 5 Long-Term Care Homes
The Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) released a disturbing report regarding five high-risk long-term care homes in Ontario: Orchard Villa in Pickering, Altamont Care Community in Scarborough, Eatonville in Etobicoke, Hawthorne Place in North York, and Holland Christian Homes Grace Manor in Brampton.
Some of the key findings include:
Premier Doug Ford said it was the “most heart-wrenching report I’ve ever read in my entire life.” One of the homes – Orchard Villa – has been named in a $40-million class action lawsuit on behalf of all the residents and their family members. Many Canadians are also calling for the resignation of Merrilee Fullerton, the Minister of Long-Term Care.
The Ontario government has already launched an active investigation into the five privately-owned homes and has started the process of taking over management at four of the facilities. The fifth, not included in the report, is Camilla Care Community in Mississauga. An independent commission into Ontario’s LTC system is scheduled to begin this July.
You can read the full report here 👉🏾 https://tinyurl.com/yb8gc395
888 Belfast Rd
Ottawa, Ontario K1G OZ6